[rspec-users] Cucumber: pending specs

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Wed Sep 17 03:37:20 EDT 2008

We found that we can raise a Cucumber::Pending error in the step
matcher to achieve the same effect, though in practice we're tending
to just write PENDING in the feature and break the link to the step

Actually something that would really help us is the ability to
comment out scenarios, as you quite often have code you want to check
in but you don't want to break the build due to a half-finished
feature. I'm finding I spend a lot longer between check-ins since I
started using cucumber in earnest, and that can't be a good thing.

Maybe just altering that behaviour where the scenario carries on
running when a Given step fails would help. Aslak you never explained
why you designed it like that - how does it help with your workflow?