[rspec-users] runner does not pick steps. help please

Nubee Rails lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Sep 16 10:04:39 EDT 2008

David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 12:30 AM, Nubee Rails <lists at ruby-forum.com>
> wrote:
>> Please help me to understand why runner is not picking steps.
>> http://pastie.org/273126
>
> Need a little more information:
>
> What command are you using to run the scenarios?
>
> Where is filter defined and captured?

I followed the post at
http://www.tomtenthij.co.uk/2008/1/25/rspec-plain-text-story-runner-on-a-fresh-rails-app.
everything understood and good. I got a working story with "ruby
stories/login_story.rb"

I wanted a rake task that will run a ruby script to pickup all ".story"
files, pickup all "_steps.rb" and run them. this should work recursively
inside /spec/stories/[more subfolders]. steps can be placed anywhere,
not just /spec/stories/steps

somehow, this has worked as soon as I saw your message :o) talk of
special powers with David!
I will post my experiences when I get this finished.