[rspec-users] Helpers that call helpers not working in specs?

Christopher Bailey chris at cobaltedge.com
Mon Sep 15 13:26:35 EDT 2008

I'm trying to test some of my helpers.  I have one helper (in module
LocationsHelper) that calls a helper/method in ApplicationHelper.  If I
include ApplicationHelper and LocationHelper in my spec, and then I call the
helper using the "helper." scope:
  helper.location_tree('Portland')

then it complains that it can't find the other helper it uses from
ApplicationHelper.  If instead, I call it directly:

  location_tree('Portland')

Then, it can't find the Rails' generated URL helpers (e.g. "location_path"
or "location_url").  How do I make it so that all the dependencies or Rails'
included stuff is found?

--
Christopher Bailey
Cobalt Edge LLC