[rspec-users] Cucumber - Ambiguous steps

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 09:48:36 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Damian Jones <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> I know that cucumber does not allow ambiguous steps to stop duplication
> of specs,

It's not to stop duplication of specs, it's to avoid the possibility
that you could write this:

  Then /I should see "(.*)"
  Then /I should see "(.*)" in the list of authors/

Both of these would respond to:

  Then I should see Aslak in the list of authors

> but I ran into the problem of only being a ble to use the
> following step name once in the whole project
> Then /I should see "(.*)" do |text|

Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you can only use it one
Scenario? Or do you mean you're looking for it to be implemented
differently in different contexts?