[rspec-users] rake does recognize "rake examples_with_rcov"

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Sat Sep 13 10:34:02 EDT 2008

On 13 Sep 2008, at 12:39, Greg Hauptmann wrote:

> Q1 - Know why rake doesn't recognize "rake examples_with_rcov" per
> http://rspec.info/documentation/tools/rcov.html ?

I think the point of that page is to show you how to write your own
rake tasks that use RSpec and RCov. You won't get that rake task by
default in your own application but you could run it on the RSpec
source code by setting your current directory into the directory
where you've downloaded the RSpec gem or plugin.

> Q2 - Also when I run "rake spec:rcov" it seems to give me the same as
> if I just run "autotest" or "rake spec".  I was expecting a heap of
> pointers to code I haven't tested?

Try looking in the 'coverage' folder beneath the directory where you
ran the rake task. You should find all sorts of goodies in there.

future employers of mine.