[rspec-users] rake does recognize "rake examples_with_rcov"

Greg Hauptmann greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 07:39:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

Q1 - Know why rake doesn't recognize "rake examples_with_rcov" per
http://rspec.info/documentation/tools/rcov.html ?

Q2 - Also when I run "rake spec:rcov" it seems to give me the same as
if I just run "autotest" or "rake spec".  I was expecting a heap of
pointers to code I haven't tested?

Macintosh-2:myequity greg$ rake spec:rcov
(in /Users/greg/source/myequity)
DEPRECATION WARNING: You're using the Ruby-based MySQL library that
ships with Rails. This library will be REMOVED FROM RAILS 2.2. Please
switch to the offical mysql gem: `gem install mysql`  See
http://www.rubyonrails.org/deprecation for details. (called from
mysql_connection at
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.1/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb:81)
........P

Pending:
Frequency.beginning of period should be passed two or three parameters
(Not Yet Implemented)

Finished in 0.262688 seconds

9 examples, 0 failures, 1 pending

Macintosh-2:myequity greg$ rake -T | grep -i spec
rake gems:unpack                     # Unpacks the specified gem into vendo...
rake gems:unpack:dependencies        # Unpacks the specified gems and its d...
rake spec                            # Run all specs in spec directory (exc...
rake spec:clobber_rcov               # Remove rcov products for rcov
rake spec:controllers                # Run the specs under spec/controllers
rake spec:db:fixtures:load           # Load fixtures (from spec/fixtures) i...
rake spec:doc                        # Print Specdoc for all specs (excludi...
rake spec:helpers                    # Run the specs under spec/helpers
rake spec:lib                        # Run the specs under spec/lib
rake spec:models                     # Run the specs under spec/models
rake spec:plugin_doc                 # Print Specdoc for all plugin specs
rake spec:plugins                    # Run the specs under vendor/plugins (...
rake spec:plugins:rspec_on_rails     # Runs the examples for rspec_on_rails
rake spec:rcov                       # Run all specs in spec directory with...
rake spec:server:restart             # reload spec_server.
rake spec:server:start               # start spec_server.
rake spec:server:stop                # stop spec_server.
rake spec:translate                  # Translate/upgrade specs using the bu...
rake spec:views                      # Run the specs under spec/views
Macintosh-2:myequity greg$

Macintosh-2:myequity greg$ ruby -v
ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-23 patchlevel 110) [i686-darwin9.3.0]
Macintosh-2:myequity greg$ rails -v
Rails 2.1.1
Macintosh-2:myequity greg$ gem -v
1.2.0