[rspec-users] cucumber gem install

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Fri Sep 12 20:27:10 EDT 2008

On 12 Sep 2008, at 22:37, Damian Jones wrote:

> David Chelimsky wrote:
>>> Please get it with Git and build the gem yourself in the meanwhile.
>> For anyone who's not sure about how to do that:
>>
>> git clone git://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber.git
>> cd cucumber
>> rake gem
>> rake install_gem
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>
> I tried that, but not getting anywhere with installing Cucumber, I
> think
> I'll wait till the gem is sorted out.

I feel your pain: Windows does not make this stuff too easy, and most
people playing with these tools are using *nix variants so you don't
get much support.

I just wrote a really basic but gentle tutorial on getting git up and
running on Windows:

http://blog.mattwynne.net/2008/09/13/bring-git-joy-to-windows/

Github's docs have a guide for Windows users:

http://github.com/guides/using-git-and-github-for-the-windows-for-
newbies

Good luck!

cheers,