[rspec-users] cucumber setup and teardown

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Fri Sep 12 19:37:27 EDT 2008

Hi all,
I added a section to Cucumber's wiki about converting StoryListeners
into Cucumber's API.  Since I'm still learning my self I'd appreciate it
if someone could look at what I wrote and make sure I didn't miss anything.
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/wikis/migration-from-rspec-stories

I was also wondering if Cucumber's API has a way to do setup and
teardown on a feature level.  I would like to be able to have feature
specific setup and teardown, and be able to to do scenario setup and
teardown just for certain features as well.

>From what I can tell the only way you could accomplish this by using the
formatter/listener like is done in the story runner...
The justification for this feature is mostly from a resources
standpoint.  I have certain features/stories that use other system
resources than the rest of my features... and they require there own
unique setup and tear down.  However, currently I have to apply that
setup every where which slows that the suite.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ben