[rspec-users] RSpec story failing because create is not rendering 'show'

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:37:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Damian Jones <lists at ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> David Chelimsky wrote:
>
>> To make that transition easy for you, I'd recommend either moving to
>> cucumber now, or at least taking the "decoupled step definitions"
>> approach within Story Runner. Check out http://pastie.org/271244 (with
>> the steps, story and output) and let me know if it makes sense to you.
>>
>> HTH,
>> David
>
> Thanks for that, unfortunately I am having problems installing the
> Cucumber gem
>
> ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Errno::ENOENT)
>    No such file or directory -
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/aslakhellesoy-cuc
> umber-0.1.5/bin/cucumber

You don't need the gem to use cucumber with Rails:

script/plugin install git://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber.git
script/generate cucumber
rake features

If you still want the gem anyway, try doing it manually:

git clone git://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber.git
cd cucumber
rake gem
rake install_gem

Cheers,