[rspec-users] booting rails routing without a controller call

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Fri Sep 12 12:17:29 EDT 2008

We're getting into some quite complex routing, and I'd like to be
able to spec the routing on its own.

All our controllers tend to have a little call to like this to boot
up the routing before testing params_from etc:

	get :index

However I can't get this to work in a spec that doesn't start with
describe SomeController.

Does anyone know how to get the routing loaded up without actually
calling a controller?

future employers of mine.