[rspec-users] Story steps all became "PENDING" in the update from RSpec 1.1.3 to 1.1.4

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Thu Sep 11 15:44:52 EDT 2008

El 11/9/2008, a las 11:58, "David Chelimsky" <dchelimsky at gmail.com>
escribió:

> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:06 AM, Wincent Colaiuta <win at wincent.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I had some stories which worked fine under RSpec 1.1.3 which are
>> broken
>> under 1.1.4 (suddenly all steps are marked as PENDING, and one of
>> the steps
>> raises a NoMethodError due to an unexpected nil object in the
>> store_and_call
>> method of rspec/lib/spec/story/world.rb).
>>
>> Here is the output under 1.1.3:
>>
>> http://pastie.org/269529
>>
>> And the output under 1.1.4:
>>
>> http://pastie.org/269531
>>
>> The actual story file is:
>>
>> http://pastie.org/269534
>>
>> Any suggestions for how I could troubleshoot this further? I looked
>> at the
>> 1.1.4 changelog but I can't see anything in there which would
>> explain this
>> change...
>
> To just get it to work, change this:
>
>  }, :type => RailsStory, :steps => steps do
>
> to this:
>
>  }, :type => RailsStory, :steps_for => steps do
>
> Take a look at http://pastie.org/269645 for a few more changes.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Just in case anyone is curious to see the differences between the
1.1.3 and the 1.1.4 version of the story, here they are:

http://pastie.org/270742

As David said, changing ":steps" to ":steps_for" is enough to get
everything working again. The other stuff mostly falls under the
category of style changes.

Cheers,
Wincent