[rspec-users] Story steps all became "PENDING" in the update from RSpec 1.1.3 to 1.1.4

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Wed Sep 10 04:06:09 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I had some stories which worked fine under RSpec 1.1.3 which are
broken under 1.1.4 (suddenly all steps are marked as PENDING, and one
of the steps raises a NoMethodError due to an unexpected nil object in
the store_and_call method of rspec/lib/spec/story/world.rb).

Here is the output under 1.1.3:

And the output under 1.1.4:

The actual story file is:

Any suggestions for how I could troubleshoot this further? I looked at
the 1.1.4 changelog but I can't see anything in there which would
explain this change...