[rspec-users] cucumber - mark a step as pending

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Tue Sep 9 16:46:15 EDT 2008

On 9 Sep 2008, at 21:34, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM, David Chelimsky
> <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM, aslak hellesoy
>> <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'm not crazy about this "feature". We already have a pending
>>> mechanism for steps (not defining them). What does this bring to the
>>> table over just not defining a step?

>>> That won't work. It will raise a "undefined local variable or
>>> method `pending'"
>>
>> I get this:
>>
>>    Given I am logged in as a registered member
>>      TODO (Spec::Example::ExamplePendingError)
>>
>> for this:
>>
>> Given /I am logged in as a registered member/ do
>>  pending
>> end
>>

> That's really odd - I don't get that if I add it to this step:
> http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/tree/master/examples/
> tickets/features/steps/tickets_steps.rb
>
> And run "rake features" from examples/tickets
>
> I haven't added any knowledge about
> pending/Spec::Example::ExamplePendingError to Cucumber so I'm
> puzzled...
>
> Aslak

Doesn't work for us, either. I think David must have some funky rspec
requirey stuff going on.

We see this:

   Scenario: Can see the profile page for a user who has a great amount
of details specified
     Given there is a user with all conceivable attributes and
attachments
       implementation of attachments for users
(Spec::Example::ExamplePendingError)
       /home/nfelger/dev/skweb/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/example/
pending.rb:13:in
`pending'
       ./features/steps/profile_steps.rb:14:in `Given "there is a user
with all conceivable attributes and attachments"'
       features/visitor/profile.feature:13:in `Given there is a user
with all conceivable attributes and attachments'

Which is what Aslak expected, I think.

cheers,
Matt
----