[rspec-users] What does a skilled BDD-/RSpec-er want in a job?

Dan North tastapod at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 08:28:56 EDT 2008

I know a while back Google used to request python skills when they were
hiring java folks. They didn't actually need python to do their job - it
just meant they attracted the kind of developers who venture outside their
regular programming world, which is what they were really after. Mind you
they ended up hiring Guido van Rossum, so you have to be a bit careful :)

Mentioning the technologies is useful, but if you put the emphasis on your
culture (co-located, collaborative, valuing open source - both using and
contributing, etc.) you may find you attract people who also value culture
over specific technical skills. And any job ad that attracts Pat Maddox -
well that would be a pretty successful job ad in my opinion.*

Cheers,
Dan

* because it would mean he was working somewhere else ;-)