[rspec-users] What does a skilled BDD-/RSpec-er want in a job?

Mark Wilden mark at mwilden.com
Sun Sep 7 19:52:30 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Bryan Liles <bryan at osesm.com> wrote:

> RSpec is a tool, it should be in face *minimally* (yes, this is important!)
>   A job description that mentioned RSpec explicitly would signal a red flag
> to me.

BDD, Ruby on Rails, and OOP are just tools, too. They are each means to an
end (and they're not the only means, either). But tools take time to learn,
and can take a lot of time to learn to use well. I don't think lack of RSpec
experience should disqualify someone from a job (and a good thing, too, or I
wouldn't be working where I am). But it could be a plus from the employer's
perspective, just as it could be a plus from the candidate's.

///ark