[rspec-users] Failing in TextMate but not in rake...

Greg Hauptmann greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 17:45:09 EDT 2008

thanks Ed, I too can now see the nice colored output summary for rspec
in textmate, however...

What is weird is the following.  Any ideas?

[A] - MENU BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY TO THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS:  When I:
(a) Run the rspec commands via the TextMate menu using my mouse, e.g.
Bundle => RSpec => RunExamples,  in this case I get the nice colored
output, but
(b) When I do Command-R (which is the shortcut for the same command as
listed in the menu), I don't get this, but rather just a dialog box
with a text based output..

[B] - THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUT FOR "RUN SINGLE EXAMPLE" FAILS
I get this using the keyboard shortcut (again running this via the menu works)
---------
RubyMate r8136 running Ruby r1.8.6 (/opt/local/bin/ruby)
>>> transaction_spec.rb
/Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:218:in
`files_to_load': File or directory not found: [, (RuntimeError)
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:210:in
`each'
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:210:in
`files_to_load'
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:98:in
`run_examples'
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec.rb:20:in `run'
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner.rb:192:in
`register_at_exit_hook'
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/spec/models/transaction_spec.rb:3
--------

[C] "Run commands from selected directories/files"
==> Not sure how to get this to work properly.  If I click on a
directory in the directory tree, then use the menus to run this, it
doesn't seem to narrow the report to just this directory.  Anyone know
how you're supposed to select a directory in text mate prior to
running this?

Thanks in advance is you can help