[rspec-users] Failing in TextMate but not in rake...

Greg Hauptmann greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 17:45:09 EDT 2008

thanks Ed, I too can now see the nice colored output summary for rspec
in textmate, however...

What is weird is the following.  Any ideas?

(a) Run the rspec commands via the TextMate menu using my mouse, e.g.
Bundle => RSpec => RunExamples,  in this case I get the nice colored
output, but
(b) When I do Command-R (which is the shortcut for the same command as
listed in the menu), I don't get this, but rather just a dialog box
with a text based output..

I get this using the keyboard shortcut (again running this via the menu works)
RubyMate r8136 running Ruby r1.8.6 (/opt/local/bin/ruby)
>>> transaction_spec.rb
`files_to_load': File or directory not found: [, (RuntimeError)
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:210:in
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:210:in
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:98:in
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec.rb:20:in `run'
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/runner.rb:192:in
 	from /Users/greg/source/myequity/spec/models/transaction_spec.rb:3

[C] "Run commands from selected directories/files"
==> Not sure how to get this to work properly.  If I click on a
directory in the directory tree, then use the menus to run this, it
doesn't seem to narrow the report to just this directory.  Anyone know
how you're supposed to select a directory in text mate prior to
running this?

Thanks in advance is you can help