[rspec-users] Make classes in a module available to examples

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 09:25:03 EDT 2008

Hi

Sorry if this is documented somewhere, I can't find it on rspec.info
or Google.

Say I have this code (simple example based no the RSpec site):
   module Bank
     class Account
       def balance
         0

   describe "A new account" do
     # what goes here?

     before do
       @account = Account.new
     end

     it "should have a balance of $0" do
       @account.balance.should == 0

...what can I put in the describe block to make the Account class
visible?  I tried include, but that doesn't work (uninitialized
constant Account).

I don't want to include into the global namespace, because I've got a
module hierarchy that could be several layers deep, and I don't want
to flatten it out.

Thanks,
Ashley

--