[rspec-users] RSpec sundry questions

Greg Hauptmann greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 17:05:10 EDT 2008

Hi,

Q1 - Can I assume that the core testing framework (e.g. rails unit
testing versus RSpec) is a kind of separate issue to whether you using
mocking or not? i.e. you could use Mocha with either the rails unit
test framework or Rspec? Or is there something in Rspec that
integrates moreso with mocking?

Q2 - Anyone know where the "build" method that Ryan used in his Rails
cast?  Was this a mocha method? (I couldn't see it in the api).
Reference:  http://railscasts.com/episodes/81-fixtures-in-rails-2-0

Q3 - Lastly......I want to jump into RSpec or Rails unit
testing....I'm thinking RSpec....has RSpec got more people using it
than other testing frameworks now?  i.e. for Rails developers?

Thanks