[rspec-users] Cucumber: Before(:all)

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 11:03:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2008, at 15:24, aslak hellesoy wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a way right now to run some setup code once after environment.rb
>>> has loaded but before all the scenarios are run?
>>
>> Yes. Just use Ruby :-)
>>
>> Put it at the "main level" in one of your ruby files under steps/
>>
>>> And how about a teardown after everything's done?
>>
>> at_exit do
>>  ..
>> end
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> # steps/globals.rb
>>
>> User.create! :name => 'matt'
>>
>> at_exit do
>>  User.destroy_all
>> end
>>
>> Would this work for you?
>>
>> Aslak
>
> It looks good, but the before stuff doesn't work for me - it looks as though
> the rails environment hasn't been loaded yet - I get ' uninitialized
> constant User (NameError)'

I assume you've followed the Wiki instructions about how to set up
Cucumber with Rails:
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/wikis (I should move this to
a separate Rails page)

Then you should have a steps/env.rb file that looks like this:
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/tree/master/generators/cucumber/templates/env.rb

You can put the code in this file, or you can put it in another one
and do this at the top:
require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/env'

HTH,
Aslak