[rspec-users] specs pass when run with other app specs, but fail when run independently

Tim Haines tmhaines at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 00:17:01 EDT 2008

Hi David,

You were spot on.  The generated authenticated_system_spec included
AuthenticatedSystem.  If I include AuthenticatedSystem into the
SessionsController spec, then the specs all pass.  This is a problem with
the standard specs that resful_authentication builds for you - so I'll
looking at getting those fixed..

I'm kind of curios that the specs are testing these protected methods - I
would have expected that's generally not a done thing as they're not a
public part of the API?

I guess there's 3 options as to how to patch:
 1) include AuthenticatedSystem, or
 2) change the specs to use .send, or
 3) remove the specs that are calling protected methods.

Do you have any guidance on the best path forward here?

Cheers,

Tim.