[rspec-users] opening a response in browser (webrat)

Jonathan Linowes jonathan at parkerhill.com
Mon Sep 1 19:26:03 EDT 2008

thanks
perhaps a bit hackery, I've added this to my shared steps file:

   Given "(show me)" do
     show_me
   end
   When "(show me)" do
     show_me
   end
   Then "(show me)" do
     show_me
   end

and to my helper.rb

def show_me
   File.open(RAILS_ROOT + "/public/dbug.html", "w"){ |f| f.puts
response.body }
   system "open http://localhost:3000/dbug.html"
   #debugger
end

so now anywhere in any story i can add (for debugging)

	And (show me)

:)