[rspec-users] specs pass when run with other app specs, but fail when run independently

Tim Haines tmhaines at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 19:22:08 EDT 2008

Hi there,

I've noticed something a little odd with the session_controller specs that
are generated from the rails plugin restful_authentication.  When they're
run with all the other app specs (i.e. when I first fire up autospec) the
specs all pass.  However, if I touch the session_controller_spec file so
only the session_controller specs are run, some fail with the error message
protected method `logged_in?' called for #<SessionsController:0x19100e0>

Can anyone explain why this might be or where I should start digging to try
and resolve this?

Cheers,

Tim.