[rspec-users] Cucumber: Running a single feature / scenario

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 16:30:34 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 9:45 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:
>> Am taking cucumber for a first spin today - first impressions are good.
>> How do I go about running a single feature or scenario so I don't have to
>> run the whole lot when I'm working on a particular one?
> There's no support for this yet in Story Runner or Cucumber. Feel free

Yes there is. It's been in Cucumber for at least a month.

> to add a feature request at
> http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211.

cucumber --help

cucumber path/to/file.feature --line 33

Or with Rake:

rake features FEATURE=path/to/file.feature CUCUMBER_OPTS="--line 33"

It's not documented on the Wiki yet. Pass the line number of one of
the steps. I think it's broken when GivenScenario is involved.