[rspec-users] Mocks and Refactoring - doing it wrong?

Sebastian W. lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Oct 30 19:52:27 EDT 2008

> No idea why you couldn't pass a flag for regression testing:
> mock(Foo, :check_methods => true)
> Scott

It seems to me this way, too - though I'm obviously biased. :)

It's true that a lot of the dynamic stuff could be problematic - what if
the flag was only for checking methods directly implemented on that
class? Though I guess that'd lead down a potential dark path where you'd
then also want the "mock" method to potentially check all mixins and
validate, etc. etc.

On the other hand, maybe it could serve as a gentle remonstrance to
folks to not overdo it with the "i am an 3l337 ninj4 haxx0r"
metaprogramming? Just a thought.