[rspec-users] Mocks and Refactoring - doing it wrong?

Sebastian W. lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Oct 30 02:01:19 EDT 2008

Hi Scott,
Cool - I see what you're saying here. The only thing that I'm a bit
confused still is that it seems like, at least if your system is
starting to get larger, you'd really *want* your fast unit test to help
you catch API changes like this to help you make updates faster.

Having to run a suite of more expensive integration tests just to catch
API changes seems a little funny. But I guess I'm also hoping that
there's some way for the mocks to help with that sort of thing - it's my
understanding that some other frameworks out there help you with that
sort of stuff. One example mentioned to me was JMock -- granted, that's
Java, but still - if it's possible in Java, Ruby should be able to do it
too. :P