[rspec-users] -l command line option broken?

Lenny Marks lenny at aps.org
Wed Oct 29 14:48:23 EDT 2008

> On Oct 28, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Lenny Marks wrote:
>

>> I'm not familiar enough with the rspec code to get to the bottom
>> of this, but I did enough drilling to find its related to the new
>> backtrace based strategy for Spec::Runner::SpecParser#spec_name_for
>> (file, line_number).  Putting a print statement inside
>> Spec::Example::ExampleGroupMethods#registration_backtrace I get
>> the following which shows that the target spec file isn't even in
>> the backtrace from jruby.

> I submitted a JRuby issue about this but it sounds like it might be
> more of an rspec problem. See the issue comments.

The link would probably help.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY-3092

Sorry again for not replying directly to the messages on this thread
(been pasting from the archives) but I'm still not getting mail from
rspec-users. Is there something going on with that? If nobody else is
experiencing problems I'll assume its on my side. Anyway, I just saw
David's reply to check in lighthouse and I did find an open ticket. I
commented on it to link to all of this.

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tickets/528-focused-
specs-not-working-when-using-jruby

Thanks,