[rspec-users] Accessing the model class from within an rspec-rails spec

Cameron Booth cameron.booth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 11:00:37 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

David and Pat, thanks for the tip on using "described_type" to access the
model class. I actually figured that one out like 10 minutes after sending
the email. 2 learnings there, first, sometimes explaining the problem helps
solve the problem, and second, maybe I should sit on those emails for 10
minutes before sending them ;-)

Scott, to answer your question, basically I'd love to find something less
verbose. I'm really liking rspec, but am finding my specs are getting longer
and longer, and I'm basically in the process of investigating what options
are out there in terms of shortening the commonly done stuff in specs
(specifically in the context of Rails). Technoweenie has done some stuff on
this, as has awfreeman on github. I'm in the process of diving deeper into
those concepts to maybe pull together a plugin or something, will let this
group know.

Cheers!
Cameron