[rspec-users] Accessing the model class from within an rspec-rails spec

Nick Hoffman nick at deadorange.com
Wed Oct 29 12:01:14 EDT 2008

On 2008-10-28, at 09:09, Cameron Booth wrote:
> describe User do
>   it_should_validate_presence_of :name
> end
>
> I can get it working if I pass in User as an argument:
>
> describe User do
>   it_should_validate_presence_of User, :name
> end

Hi Cameron. I haven't played with RSpec's internals at all, but
considering that
     #it_should_validate_presence_of
is nested within
     describe User do
I would imagine that there's a way to grab "User". Have a look at the
structure of the Example, ExampleGroup, etc classes. It'll be stored
in one of those, somewhere.
-Nick