[rspec-users] Vim tree plugin?

Kyle Hargraves philodespotos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:14:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Steve <vertebrate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there's a vim plugin out there that will show a tree of
> your describe/it blocks at a glance. Preferably with click ability to go
> right to that location?

It'd be awesome to have a ctags-esque feature for viewing a list of
example groups, but I've not seen such a thing. However, if you use
syntax-based folding for ruby files (:set foldmethod=syntax), then
collapsing all folds (zM) will show you your top-level example groups,
unfolding one will show the examples within it, etc. The only drawback
is that syntax-based folding gets a bit slow on particularly large or
deeply nested files.

HTH