[rspec-users] cucumber feature description

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 11:20:20 EDT 2008

On Oct 26, 2008, at 2:56 pm, Stephen Eley wrote:
> I prefer (and still use) the old way for grammatical reasons.  Putting
> the dependent clause of a sentence ahead of the independent clause
> that it's dependent is awkward and distracts from the reading.

To me, the benefit of the unusual order (forcing you and/or your users
to think about the value before all else) outweighs the downside.  And
actually, I've never had anyone comment that this order is confusing,
so it can't be that bad.

> If enough of this we do, talk like Yoda, we all will.  Wish that, I
> do not.

But Yoda kicked ass!  I want my stories to have Jedi powers in them!
And light sabres!  More light sabres in RSpec 1.2!!!

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/