[rspec-users] can't seem to test redirect?

Harry Bishop lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Oct 24 17:34:15 EDT 2008

Matt Wynne wrote:
> On 24 Oct 2008, at 21:57, Harry Bishop wrote:
>> Harry Bishop wrote:
>>>    response.should redirect_to(@motion)
> What is this Motion? is it really something that you can redirect
> people to? Maybe you meant redirect_to(url_for(@motion))?
>> private method `split' called for #<Motion:0x2259944>.
> My guess is that this is rails / rspec-rails trying to make a URL out
> of your Motion instance. These path method errors are often rather
> unhelpful.

Hi Matt,
   @motion is an instance of Motion which is the item being created
here.  I used a mock or a fixture and get different results.  Once saved
the redirect should take me back to the show action and render the
motion object.
I tried your suggestion of url_for(@motion) and received the error:

undefined method `url_for' for

BTW - is there a way to turn off the six spec::rails::example tests?