[rspec-users] Mulitbrowser selenium ruby

Togetherne Togetherne lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Oct 24 06:07:54 EDT 2008

Hope all is well,

Striaght to the point I wonder if someone has any ideas to help me with
the following problem:

I have written an automation framework in ruby, that uses selenium and
rspec and is run by an ant task, as thats the build process that is
implemented here.

Im currently running all my spec tests in firefox on my local machine by
passing the selenium variable:

  @selenium = Selenium::SeleniumDriver.new("localhost", 4444, "*chrome",
"#{URL_BASE_1}", 10000);

if i want to change it to use ie then i would do the following
 @selenium = Selenium::SeleniumDriver.new("localhost", 4444, "*iehta",
"#{URL_BASE_1}", 10000);

This is fine, bu i want to modify the run so it runs the tests against
all the browsers in one go without having to manually edit that line
after each run.

Anyone have any ideas on how i can do this using rspec?