[rspec-users] Too Clever?

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Thu Oct 23 13:20:48 EDT 2008

It appears we were too clever, but I think this would be a reasonable
use of stories.

We tried to have a story file run with 2 different sets of steps to
use the same story against both the UI using selenium and against the
server API using regular get/put/post.  This way we could spec the
server API and the UI while ensuring they are in sync for the scenario
in question.  But stories get confused when there are stories or
scenarios with the same names.

Does Cucumber deal with this any better than the story runner?  Given
that it searches for steps rather than having them declared, I would
think you can not share story files for different steps?

Michael