[rspec-users] config.gem/rspec-rails/rspec bug (#577)

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 05:58:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Matt Wynne <matt at mattwynne.net> wrote:
> On 21 Oct 2008, at 19:51, David Chelimsky wrote:
>> Hey all,
>> Just a heads up about a bug related to configuring the rspec gems in
>> your rails 2.1.1 projects:
> I had a little crack at this, but I got scared off as there seems to be some
> chicken-and-egg stuff going on. My rake tasks require rspec, but if rspec
> gem isn't installed yet, the rake environment won't load and I can't run
> rake gems:install.
> Am I doing something dumb?

Did you updated the generate rake tasks?

Since you're using the gem based one, require 'rubygems' before
require 'spec' should work.

I was bitten several time by RubyGems dependencies that I just try to
avoid them, the more explicit you are, the better :-D

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams