[rspec-users] ????? lots of Q's about integration tests with rspec

Matt Wynne matt at mattwynne.net
Mon Oct 20 13:28:11 EDT 2008

On 20 Oct 2008, at 17:49, Rasmus Rasmussen wrote:

> I would rather delete spec/controller and have something like spec/
> full
> or maybe spec/requirements. That would give me my full-integration
> tests
> and the controller-tests. Are there any problems with this strategy?

Find the cucumber project on github and you'll get a /features folder
where you can write your full-stack tests, like rails 'integration'
tests, or what the XP crowd like to call 'acceptance tests'.

You can then use the specs in the spec folder to drive out changes to
individual classes, what the XP crowd calls unit testing.

How isolated you make those specs is up to you, but you'll find most
people on this list will advocate using mocking to isolate
controllers, I certainly do.