[rspec-users] Cucumber, more examples, tabular data input sets

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 23:48:03 EDT 2008

(I just realized that Zach was doing some sort of reply-all that
included my address separately, and had my reply going to him instead
of the list.  So I'm sending it to the list now as I originally

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Zach Dennis <zach.dennis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if it damages the scenario as a whole. After all, the
> reason you're using tabular data in the first place is so you can
> re-use scenarios with different inputs. I would argue that using
> variable names in the scenarios that use tabular data makes it more
> readable.

I didn't say it damaged it.  Your logic is fine.  It simply makes it
look less like an English prose sentence, and that's counter to the
aesthetic that's part of Rspec's/Cucumber's appeal to my personal

Which I guess is less a strenuous objection, and more just to say:
Aslak, if this suggestion is officially implemented in Cucumber,
please make sure the current form continues to work too.  Then those
of us who are persnickety fiction editors can continue doing things
the way we like them, and everybody wins.  >8->

Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)