[rspec-users] Cucumber, more examples, tabular data input sets

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 16:25:54 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Zach Dennis <zach.dennis at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Given Joe is a staff member without the '$privilege$' privilege
>  When I $request$ $path$ as Joe
>  Then I am notified that access was denied

My only beef with this is that it breaks the pattern of writing
scenarios in plain English.  I don't know if I can pin that down in
terms of technical value, but it makes me _feel_ good to follow a
chain of turning prose into code.  If you put variable names in there
that *look* like variable names, it sullies that.

But by the way, thanks for posting this.  I didn't really grok the
tables feature in Cucumber before, and when I tried 'script/generate
feature' the table part threw errors so I deleted it.  Your asking
made me look in the wiki on Github again, and I found this, which I
must have missed before:
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/wikis/using-fit-tables-in-a-feature

Posting that for the benefit of anyone else who missed it and didn't
know they missed it.  So thank you!

--
Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)