[rspec-users] Cucumber, more examples, tabular data input sets

Joseph Wilk lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Oct 18 14:55:33 EDT 2008

Ben Mabey wrote:

> As far as your suggestion about using placeholders instead of a real
> example set- I like it.  This was actually brought up a little while ago
> by Evan Light on this list so I think it is something that people
> naturally move towards.

As Ben said this has cropped up in a couple of places.

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/165523#new
http://evan.tiggerpalace.com/2008/09/11/plain-text-stories-at-dcrug/
http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tickets/4-add-multiline-step-support

It probably needs a new issue in lighthouse so we can focus discussion
there.

http://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211-cucumber/overview

> I think this way would be clearer to
> non-developers as well since the column names would appear in the actual
> scenario.
>
> -Ben

I like the idea. Though I have some questions like how 'GivenScenario'
would behave with such a scenario.
--
Joseph Wilk
http://www.joesniff.co.uk