[rspec-users] RSpec vs Screw.Unit

Stephen Eley sfeley at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 10:30:40 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Scott Taylor
<mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:

> In Javascript, it might look more or less like this:
>
> var old_method = obj[my_method];
> my_obj[my_method] = my_return_value;

That's an interesting syntax comparison, thanks, but not really what I
was reacting to.  The statement of import (with emphasis added) was
""The dynamic nature of JavaScript makes mocking frameworks MOSTLY
UNNECESSARY."

This doesn't imply a simpler mocking framework, as you describe.  It
implies a fundamental mindshift in how testing gets done.

I should probably stop speculating about it here and just do some
reading about it.  (Or some coding, but I've already invented two
"distract myself" projects this week and don't need a third in a new
language.)

--
Have Fun,
   Steve Eley (sfeley at gmail.com)