[rspec-users] Cucumber "standard base" setup?

William Tozier bill at williamtozier.com
Sat Oct 18 07:33:22 EDT 2008

On Oct 18, 2008, at 2:45 AM, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 2:34 AM, William Tozier <bill at williamtozier.com
> > wrote:
>> * I need a Rakefile... but with what exactly in it? Many of the
>> examples are
>> different, and at least a few fail to run on my box (but that's
>> external
>> dependencies). What's the bare minimum I need to have in a plain,
>> empty
>> Rakefile?
>
> This: http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/tree/master/examples/calculator/Rakefile

This was the one I had cut-and-pasted in a hand-cooked project that
acytually ran, but it might be useful to have some prescriptive word-
based infrastructure somewhere that says so. Will ticket it.

>> Am I missing a simple generator script somewhere in the base cucumber
>> install? NOT for Rails -- just for a plain Ruby project?
>>

>> Thanks very much. Again, all I'd really like to do is see a noobs'
>> walkthrough like:
>> (1) create an empty project directory
>> (2) build standard directory tree
>> (3) clone in standard Rakefile
>> (4) get started speccing.
>>
>> (2) and (3) are my problem.
>>

> Please file individual tickets for things you're missing (docs,
> generator) and someone will hopefully get to it.

Will do. AOK here now. Thanks.
-----
Bill Tozier
AIM:vaguery at mac.com • Twitter:Vaguery
http://williamtozier.com/slurry

"The brotherhood of man is not a mere poet's dream; it is a most
depressing and humiliating reality."
   -- Oscar Wilde