[rspec-users] RSpec vs Screw.Unit

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 10:47:48 EDT 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 10:41 am, Matt Wynne wrote:

> I'm also interested in this, as we're currently deciding which route
> to go.
> I like the philosophy behind screw unit - it feels like the team
> want to give us RSpec for javascript.

That's the feeling I got, that SU is trying to be a cleaner, slicker
implementation of JSSpec.  I saw someone try JSSpec a few months back
and very quickly hit issues with message expectations.  As for whether
it's "JSSpec on crack*" I will have to try it to see...

> One of the things that has irritated me (and generally does with
> javascript unit testing) is that running the tests is quite slow and
> requires selenium. I did a little spike to run them via celerity
> instead:
> http://gist.github.com/15273

Awesome!  I'll have to try that when I get into JS.

* Or Akuz if you're in the UK