[rspec-users] Any Plans on Tag support in Cucumber

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 03:16:45 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 8:47 AM, wei wei <weiwei9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> ThoughtWorks just released the auto test toolset Twist, the "tagging"
> feature seems pretty
> useful, http://studios.thoughtworks.com/twist-agile-test-automation/twist-features-and-benefits
> "Tags
> allow you to organize test suites in multiple dimensions. With tags, you can include a test in a smoke test suite by just tagging it smoke, or exclude unfinished tests from running by tagging them with a keyword of your choosing."
>
> I wonder if there are plans to support this in cucumber? I also wanna try to
> implement it.

I've been thinking about tags for a long time - it's just had lower
priority than other things. Please start by opening a ticket in
Lighthouse where you give some examples of how tags can be entered.
I'd also like to see examples of how you'd like to tell Cucumber what
tags you want to run, and whether you want any other kind of output.

Let's continue the discussion in Lighthouse. It's great that you're
volunteering to implement it!

Cheers,
Aslak