[rspec-users] Solution for autospec not working

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:06:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Dennis Sutch <dennis at sutch.com> wrote:
> My setup is similar, except I'm developing a Ruby script as opposed to a
> Rails applications, thus no script/about output:
> C:\Users\Dennis>ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32]
> C:\Users\Dennis>spec -v
> rspec 1.1.8
> C:\Users\Dennis>gem list ZenTest
> *** LOCAL GEMS ***
> ZenTest (3.10.0)

I had the same problem while developming my scripts.

RSpec changed the way paths get loaded by autotest, so I'll suggest
you create a mappins in your .autotest file similar to the one from
rspec-rails, since seems the one in rspec no longer "maps" properly:

http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec/tree/master/lib/autotest/rspec.rb#L3-16

And this:

http://github.com/dchelimsky/rspec-rails/tree/master/lib/autotest/rails_rspec.rb

I cannot find my customized version (for a console based MVC, it's on
backup now).

Or maybe I'm missing the need to set AUTOTEST and RSPEC env variables first?

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17