[rspec-users] Need help using URL helpers in controller tests

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:40:36 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Christopher Bailey
<chris at cobaltedge.com> wrote:
> I've moved on from this with a bit different approach.  But, I also found
> that the "get" (or whichever http method used) call expects the first
> parameter to be an action, so passing in a string that is a path or URL
> doesn't work for that.

That is correct. rspec delegates the get, post, put, delete, etc
methods off to rails. In the case of controller examples, they work
like rails functional tests. In the case of stories/features, they
work like rails integration tests (which work differently).