[rspec-users] gem generators on 1.2.6

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:34:38 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Pat Maddox <pergesu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've confirmed that with a fresh rails (2.x) app it works fine.  Is
>> this supposed to work with 1.2.6?  Are there any workarounds that
>> people have?  Is my app just fucked atm?
>
> erm, I've also confirmed that with a fresh rails 1.2.6 app it DOESN'T
> see the gem generators.  I'm pretty suspicious though because of that
> documentation.

Hey Pat - until recently, generator plugins were only found if they
were named [something]_generator:

http://github.com/rails/rails/commit/868e6b08df4b16fb71cc8a66308174253ff67bdb

So on 1.2.6, you're kinda screwed unless you want to create a local
copy of the rspec-rails gem named rspec-rails_generator :(

Cheers,
David