[rspec-users] post authentication token

Zach Dennis zach.dennis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 13:56:01 EDT 2008

You may want to look into using seed data. I currently use seed_fu by mbleigh:

Here's the snippet I use to load them:

  ActiveRecord::Schema.verbose = false
  load "#{RAILS_ROOT}/db/schema.rb"
  Dir[File.join(RAILS_ROOT, "features/fixtures", '*.rb')].sort.each {
|fixture| load fixture }

I do this rather than a rake task because that takes forever (thx
Brandon Keepers for correcting my usage, you have saved me tons of

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Mark Thomson <mark.thomson at ieee.org> wrote:
> Hey thanks Zach. That was a good suggestion. What the log file showed me was
> that I had a nil object being accessed in my "new" action - and the reason
> is that it's an object that in my development code is read from a table of
> global variables in my db. I create that table, including the values of the
> global variable, in a migration. However, this doesn't exist in my test db.
> So I did a <Model>.create in my "given" step to instantiate the global
> variable and I'm now all good.
> Mark.
> Zach Dennis wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Mark Thomson <mark.thomson at ieee.org>
>> wrote:
>>> Hmm, thanks. Still not sure if I'm diagnosing my problem correctly. Just
>>> be clear, I don't have any user authentication going on, just a regular
>>> Rails button_to call. I tried installing webrat and put "visits '/' " in
>>> my
>>> "given" step and "clicks_button" in my "when" step. However I get an
>>> error
>>> from my_story.rb - "No such file or directory - open