[rspec-users] Expectation ordering

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 10:40:30 EDT 2008

On 7 Oct 2008, at 15:15, David Chelimsky wrote:

> As far as I know this form of expectation ordering was never
> supported. If you've seen documentation that suggests it should be,
> please point me to it so I can resolve the discrepancy.

Aslak told me himself... on this list :o)

> Ordering in rspec mocks is managed with the #ordered method:
> @socket.should_receive(:write).ordered
> @socket.should_receive(:read).ordered
> @socket.should_receive(:close).ordered

I forgot about that.  When I asked on the list before it was because I
needed a way to do inter-mock ordering.  Thanks for the link, it
solved the problem in the example I gave.  Unfortunately looks like
I've lost the ability to do this:

       it "should migrate the database (after initialising it)" do
         DataMapper.should_receive(:setup) do

Maybe I was the only person taking advantage of this?