[rspec-users] can I get more details in the "rake spec" output (e.g. for eql fail, what was the actual value that was returned)???

Greg Hauptmann greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 00:25:40 EDT 2008

here's some examples:

'Recurring.add_projections: weekly & non-reconcile & starting in past should
update balances appropriately' FAILED
expected 1001, got #<BigDecimal:22a68d4,'0.1E4',4(12)> (using .eql?)
./spec/models/recurring_spec.rb:140:
==> Oh, actually seems to work but gives the figure in Engineering notation
- I wonder if there's a way to improve the readability here?

'Recurring.add projections (perform credit card payment) should calculate
amount based on offset provided' FAILED
expected no Exception, got #<RuntimeError: It should display this exception>
==> Actually does show exception name, but doesn't give a back trace?  Is
there a way to see the back trace if required?

tks