[rspec-users] Uninitialized constant Spec:Story

Mark Thomson mark.thomson at ieee.org
Mon Oct 6 12:29:38 EDT 2008

Hi, I'm fairly new to Rails and v. new to RSpec. Think it looks pretty
useful and so I'm trying it out for the first time. I have installed the
rspec-rails gem and created a simple plain text my_story file and
my_story.rb file along the lines described here -
http://www.tomtenthij.co.uk/2008/1/25/rspec-plain-text-story-runner-on-a-fresh-rails-app.

When I run stories/my_story.rb it blows up and the thing that seems most
significant in the error messages is "uninitialized constant Spec::Story
(NameError)" which seems to originate from story_adapter.rb:66, where
the class Spec::Story::Runner::ScenarioRunner is defined.

Would appreciate any guidance towards a resolution of this issue.

Thanks,

Mark