[rspec-users] Slides from my talk on Cucumber + Celerity + RSpec tonight

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 23:30:53 EDT 2008

Hi all

Just ran a session known as a "huddle" in GeekUp terms.  GeekUp[1] is
a group of monthly events in North West England.  The Sheffield one
starts with a huddle every month, which is intended to have more
audience participation than a pure talk.  For this one, I got an
unsuspecting audience (of developers, designers, business analysts,
project managers, and itinerant alcoholics stumbling past our end of
the bar) writing user stories and fighting^H^H^H^H^H discussing in a
civilised manner which was most important.

Second half was a tech demo, and they all loved Cucumber.  So hats off
to everyone involved in RSpec Stories and to Aslak for its recent re-
incarnation, it had a room full of geeks going "I want that for my PHP
code!".

Slides are on my blog[2] for anyone that wants a flick through, or to
find out more about what went on.

Ashley

[1] http://geekup.org/
[2] http://aviewfromafar.net/2008/10/2/geekup-sheffield-vi-from-specification-to-success